What Is Laser Therapy?
Laser Therapy is a medical technology that uses laser diodes for various forms of treatment, such as inflammation and arthritis. Laser Therapy is a non-invasive type of treatment. Laser Therapy involves the focusing of lasers on the skin’s surface to treat the skin itself, and deeper into muscle tissue and bones.¹
- Laser Therapy Has Many Benefits To The Human Body
Laser treatment is popular due to its non-invasive nature and wide range of benefits to the body. One advantage of Laser Therapy is that it enhances cell functions and promotes faster healing of wounds. Laser Therapy also reduces pain and recovery time for many forms of injuries. The benefits of Laser Therapy on pain reduction and inflammation make it a viable treatment option for many types of injuries. The treatment can help the millions of people suffering from various forms of Arthritis or chronic back pains. Laser Therapy is also a blessing to the world of performing arts and sports, where participants are prone to frequent injuries.
- Laser Therapy Can Be Customized To Treat A Wide Range Of Ailments and Injuries
Laser therapy can be customized by varying the intensity of the laser beams. These varying intensities have been proved to be effective remedies for neck and shoulder pain, Low-back pain, knee pain, disc problems, and many other injuries common in sports, like sprains and strains. Laser Therapy treatment poses no risk to the patient’s health, unlike most drug and surgical treatments. This treatment is also relatively fast, as Laser Therapy sessions take an average of 5 to 15 minutes.³
- Laser Therapy Is a Non-Invasive Form of Treatment
Laser Therapy is promoted as a non-invasive form of treatment. This is because lasers are focused on a small area through a deep tissue therapy technique that involves no cuts or scarring of the skin or tissue affected. The treatment can be used independently without any other medicine and still result in faster healing.⁴
- Laser Therapy Treatment Is FDA Cleared
The FDA has cleared Laser Therapy as a form of medical treatment. The FDA clearance is based on the agreement that manufacturers will comply with the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. ⁵
- Laser Therapy Is A Healthier Alternative To Traditional Forms Of Treatment
Laser Therapy is a welcome addition to the arsenal of medical practitioners in the battle against various diseases and injuries. For many people with conditions that require ongoing treatment, this form of treatment is a healthier option compared to surgical procedures that might be risky. Laser Therapy is also an alternative to dependency on pills such as painkillers that can be addictive in the long run or have adverse side effects. ²,⁴
The world of medicine as we know it is likely to undergo rapid and drastic transformation thanks to the advances and scientific breakthroughs facilitated by technological advances. The FDA clearance for this kind of treatment is bound to encourage and promote more work towards improving and advancing this technology further. Laser Therapy is probably just a glimpse of one of the many life-changing technologies that will save and preserve lives. Therefore, it is up to medical practitioners to advise and nudge their patients toward this modern form of treatment.
- Schindl, A., Schindl, M., Pernerstorfer-Schön, H., & Schindl, L. (2000). Low-intensity laser therapy: a review. Journal of investigative medicine: the official publication of the American Federation for Clinical Research, 48(5), 312-326.
- Farivar, S., Malekshahabi, T., & Shiari, R. (2014). Biological effects of low level laser therapy. Journal of lasers in medical sciences, 5(2), 58.
- Posten, W., Wrone, D. A., Dover, J. S., Arndt, K. A., Silapunt, S., & Alam, M. (2005). Low‐level laser therapy for wound healing: mechanism and efficacy. Dermatologic surgery, 31(3), 334-340.
- LASER THERAPY: SCIENTIFIC BASIS AND CLINICAL ROLE ,Jeffrey R Basford,D, PhD, , MD, PhD. https://doi.org/10.3928/0147-7447-19930501-06
- Medical Lasers https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/surgical-and-therapeutic-products/medical-lasers